This is without a doubt one of my absolute favorite soup recipes. Try it with Flax Seed Bread or Sundried Tomato and Cheese Bread.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped,
- 4 tsp coconut oil or clarified butter,
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- around 750ml vegetable or chicken stock,
- 2 can of tomatoes,
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon,
- 2 red peppers, roasted and roughly chopped,
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice,
- 1 tsp thyme or basil,
- himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Sauté the onion in the coconut oil for about 10 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Then add the stock, tomatoes, thyme or basil, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the roasted peppers and purée the soup in a blender. Reheat and add the lime or lemon juice to taste.
How to roast peppers:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the whole peppers on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, turning them twice during roasting.